Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nanette Barrutia and Linda Ramos

Fourth Grade was interesting because we had half of our class filled with Third-Graders. Some weeks, I liked Nanette more than Linda and other weeks, Linda more than Nanette. When it came time to give them valentines, I naturally edited theirs specially. Like where it originally said "Be Mine" I wrote "Don't" in front of it, and so forth.

I got in trouble for this. I don't remember whether an adult was involved. Mainly it was one of the girls in the class that spread the news of this mean deed around the classroom. I don't know how many years may have passed before they all realized why I had done it.

In case you still don't get it, I did it because I had a crush on them.

Russell was my buddy at school, all through elementary school. He was in my class this year and had the exact same thing going on with Nanette and Linda (who were best friends, by the way). We had to wrestle after school sometimes to settle who had to settle for the second-best loved girl of the two, whoever that may have been. It changed from time to time; sometimes we liked the same girl best and other times we didn't have to compete. - As if we ever talked to them or anything anyway, but it was important to settle between ourselves nonetheless.

Linda had straight, shiny black hair, bobbed.

Nanette had long brown ringlets, tied back.

No comments:

Post a Comment