Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gina Webb

Gina was cute so I had to like her too.

I grew up thinking I would never be able to marry because I would never know how or have the guts to make it through a date, plus I knew that no girl would ever want me since I had red hair.

However, during a phase of temporary insanity, in the 8th grade, in Mr. McCleve's art class, wherein we were watching a movie on closed-circuit TV, I sort of forgot my convictions and found myself playing footsie with Gina who was sitting in front of me.

I really liked her a lot, but I guess I didn't love her enough to be too too nervous. I should have. She was very cute and very cool.

Anyway, at some later point, she approached me in the hall and asked me whether I intended to go to the stomp (definition: after school dance where some girls dance with some boys and stomp their feet to simulate dancing while BTO records are played loudly and most of the kids stand holding up the walls). I said no I had not planned on it. Well, go. Why? And then I'm not sure how the conversation ended. Probably that IS how it ended. Anyway, knowing I had red hair and all of that, it did not occur to me at the time that she wanted me to go for any particular reason. And that was that.

Love you Gina. Hope you're well.

No comments:

Post a Comment