Monday, May 4, 2009

My Teachers

I may not get all the Misses and Mrs's correctly, or the spelling, but here's my teachers:

Kindergarten, Miss Bigelow; First, Miss Utly (she had me talking in clear, precise English with no twangs, fudges, abbreviations or slang - no cowboy talk. My mother loved it while it lasted. But when I soon realized that it wasn't the cool way my 9th-Grade brother was talking, I stopped it); Second, Miss Synnegaard; Third, Mrs. Simpson (and we sometimes went to Miss Irving's); Fourth, Miss Locker, who may well have been the most popular teacher in the school; Fifth, Miss Hansen (Her brother Doug played for the Salt Lake Angels); Sixth, Miss Ballif. In Fifth, we rotated to the other teachers, but I only remember Mrs. Lundblade and there was a man and I don't remember his name. In Sixth, we rotated to Mrs. Lignell (who if she ever finished a sentence, she finished it later on) and - I forget. I'll have to work on this later.

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled upon this site... it sure sounds familiar. Whittier Elementary School??? Lu Ann Williamson

    ReplyDelete