Sunday, May 3, 2009

Flea Bag

I won't mention her name, though I know it as well as my own. But we called her flea bag. She had siblings in other grades who were not out and out flea bags in our opinion, but who we considered to have some fleas also, just the same.

I suppose that we thought they were homely because they were probably a bit gaunt from lack of food. They were downright dirty and ragged too. We avoided touching them and the things they touched.

In hindsight, I think flea bag could have been a fashion model in New York City by now (or by 1980, shall we say). She had one of those strikingly-handsome-in-an-exotic-way faces. But back then, at that age, we could not notice such a thing under the circumstances.

Haven't seen or heard a thing of her since, that I can remember. Auggggh, the things we'd do different!

No comments:

Post a Comment